Topics

The Adventurer's Bug - Second Evacuation

JohnnyB

On:

== Mess Hall ==

==Paridisio, Harkon IV ==

== MD 12, same time as The Last Stroke ==

Afternoon meal was the busiest of the meals and Ops had done a fine job of preparing a dinning hall that kept the crews on Paridisio from having to exist on emergency rations. Meal time was one of those times that provided another bit of normalcy to their situation. Lt. Ramos and two Security officers just getting off shift had just stepped into the Hall when multiple comm badges went off. Many hands went to their comm badges.

<tap on>

=^= Attention all hands, abandon ship! Abandon ship! =^=

The message repeated several times. Even thought most of the crew was on the planet, there were crews still aboard the Flambeau working on repairs. That type of message was a priority and all comm badges assigned to the ship still received the message.

“Ramos to Security, 1st and 3rd watch to the O.D. office,” Ramos ordered.

<tap off>

In short order those security at the camp not on duty checked in that they were on the way to the Officer of the Day’s location. 2nd watch was currently on duty so the patrols continued as normal. Ramos and the two officers sprinted  over to the location that Security operated out of. It was part of the administrative building.

On getting to the office, quite a few of the crew were gathering as information was being disseminated.

“Okay, heads up,” an Ops officer said. “Life support is off line on the Flambeau. All personnel are evacuating by transporter or escape pods. Shuttle crews, prepare for immediate departure! Medical, we need teams on each shuttle. We need to recover passengers from the pods. We’ll pass along landing points as soon as determined. Ops, we need recovery crews on each shuttle. Security, can we get two on each?”

“On it!” Ramos replied.

“Pods all released,” another Ops officer called out.

“Let’s go!” the Ops officer in charge said.

== 5 minutes later ==

== Shuttle ==

Both shuttles had lifted off with the mix of personnel requested to recover the passengers on the pods. The pods were not going to be landing in a tight pattern, but somewhat scattered around the area. Ramos got up from her seat and moved up near the pilots who were discussing the direction to take based on the pods trajectories.

“Looks like we can sweep south here to get these three, then head north for these,” the Ops officer said.

“Do we know how many actually have survivors?” Ramos asked.

“Should have survivors in all of them,” the pilot said looking to the Ops officer for confirmation.

“It’s possible unmanned ones were jettisoned,” the Ops officer said.

“Guess we’ll find out,” Ramos added.

“Got one coming in!” the co-pilot said looking out the view screen.

In the distance a bright streak moved downwards toward the planet surface.

“Confirmed, that’s our first one,” the pilot said.

The shuttle changed course towards the anticipated landing point of the escape pod.

== 3 minutes later ==

The shuttle doors opened and several people poured out off the ship and ran towards the escape pod nearby that had landed. Ramos had beaten everyone to the pod and hit the emergency hatch release. The hatch slid away revealing two engineers unbuckling themselves from their seats.

“How are you guys?” Ramos asked.

“Good, good,” one replied.

A med officer pushed past Ramos with a tricorder to begin preliminary medical scans. The Ops crewman started checking the pod. The current mission was to recover survivors, not the pods. That would come later.

A sonic boom echoed in the sky as another pod descended near them in the sky. A few people looked up at the sound looking for where it came from. The two engineers climbed for the pod and were quickly escorted to the shuttle. An Ops crewman shut down and secured the pod for the recovery later.

Ramos was the last one aboard and tapped the switch to close the doors.

“All aboard. Ready to go!” she yelled.

In a moment the shuttle lifted off to head towards the next escape pod. In the meantime the med techs finished their checks of the survivors and prepared themselves for the next pods they were assigned to recover. It would be a long day.

Off

Lt. Juliet Ramos

COS

USS Flambeau